Pregnancy is the golden era of a women’s life when they are treated like a queen by family and society. They are made to eat for two -for themselves and for baby. During this duration women gain around 10-15 extra kilos which is considered to be normal. Post-delivery shedding of this extra weight becomes a nightmare for most of them. Here I would like to give a few suggestions on Ayurvedic medicine for weight loss after pregnancy, which are natural home remedies.
Ayurveda, ensures to offer the safest and most effective care, keeping in mind the condition of post pregnancy. Weight loss post pregnancy is different because the body of a women post pregnancy is susceptible to many issues, so the weight loss program should be taken up keeping in mind the requirements of the mother.
Ayurvedic Medicine for Weight Loss after Pregnancy
Ayurvedic Diet Plan
Following an appropriate diet plan is essential during this of course of time. You should eat a healthy and nutritious diet as you will be breast feeding your baby, but at the same time try to reduce the calorie intake.
- Honey and lime: Mixing honey and lemon juice and drinking it empty stomach early in the money is highly beneficial for losing weight.
- Water intake: Drink a lot of water to keep yourselves hydrated.
- Drinking green tea: Green tea has lots of anti-oxidants and increases your metabolic rate, hence helping in weight loss.
- Curry leaves: Eating around 12 raw curry leaves everyday will help in weight loss.
- Eat Negative Calorie Food: Negative calorie food like apple, lettuce, broccoli, cabbage etc. provides the body essential nutrients and also in shedding those extra kilos.
- Ayurvedic herbs for weight loss: Herbs like ashwagandha is good to be taken post-delivery for weight loss.
- Spices: Intake of spices like turmeric, pepper, long pepper, ginger is considered good for losing weight.
Breast feeding your baby is one of the best way to shed the extra kilos gained during pregnancy. Also its very essential for the general health and development of immune system of your baby.
As per Ayurveda you accumulate lot of vata dosha during your pregnancy period. Oil massaging helps in strengthening of muscles and getting rid of fat accumulated. This also aids in getting good sleep for those suffering from sleep issues post-delivery. Few oils like Ksheerabala, Dhanvantaram thaila etc. may be used for post-natal oil massage. You may consult an ayurvedic doctor regarding how these oils should be used.
Exercise – Post Pregnancy workout
It is advised not to do strenuous exercise immediately after delivery. Once you get a green signal from your doctor you may start with mild exercise like brisk walking. There are a few post-delivery yoga asanas that are not only helpful for shedding the extra kilos but also for getting rid of post-delivery pains.
Yoga asanas helps in bringing a balance in between before and after pregnancy life and helps the body to get back to its normal rhythm gradually. But it is best to start doing yoga only after 5- 6 months of delivery and in consultation with your doctor to avoid any injuries and complications.
Getting Sufficient Sleep
A lot of women face the issue of post-natal depression and anxiety due to hormonal changes. This also lead to weight gain. Getting a good sleep everyday helps a great deal in controlling theses emotional issues.
“Sleep when the baby sleeps” .If this is difficult then just lying down for half a hour can be very uplifting.
Practice the above mentioned ‘Ayurvedic Medicine for Weight loss after pregnancy’ tips and I am sure you will be able to shed the extra weight as well as become healthier and happier!