Mahavatar Babaji is a timeless and ageless saint of the Himalaya. He is an immortal ascended soul with a mission to lift the entire human consciousness. Babaji is a self-realized, divinely appointed sage whose main mission is to spread the message of love, peace, and harmony across the visible as well as the invisible world. Babaji has re-introduced the old science of ‘Kriya Yoga’ that got lost in the dark ages due to indifference and secrecies.
‘Babaji’ means ‘revered father’. This great master’s name and date of birth are not known. The mysterious sage was first introduced to the world through the book ‘Autobiography of a Yogi’ by Paramhansa Yogananda.
Mahavatar Babaji – The Immortal Yogi
Alive and living in the Himalayas for thousands of years now, Babaji has served as a spiritual guide for great teachers and saints in their own meditation and dispensations. This is why he is known as a great incarnation of God, ‘Mahavatar’.
The master can be seen moving from one place to another in mountains with his group of disciples. The band also includes two modern American disciples. After being in one location for some time, Babaji asks the band to move to another place. He carries a symbolic bamboo staff (danda).
Babaji is a living saint and can be recognized or seen by devotees only when he desires. Devotees have reported having seen him many times in different forms. He is sometimes seen without beard and mustaches while with them at other times.
He has an undecaying body that requires no food and thus Babaji never eats. As a courtesy to his disciples, he sometimes accepts fruits or rice cooked with milk.
Connecting With Mahavatar Babaji
The eternal sage continuously radiates a vibration of cosmic consciousness and spirituality and a perceptible glow. Those who want to connect with Babaji can follow a unique and rare technique that helps attune to the presence of this great saint. This technique is also known to help the practitioner get eternal blessings and guidance of the Mahavatar Babaji.
How To Get Ready For The Technique?
- Close the eyes and sit in a cross-legged position comfortably.
- Breathe slowly and deeply ten times and with each breath, command your body systems, organs and cells to become smooth and calm.
- Now breathe ten more times and with every breath, visualize that you are becoming more calm and smooth.
- Then take ten more breaths and with each breath, visualize that your mind has become calmer, still and thoughtless.
The Secret Method Of Connection
Now that you are ready for the divine technique, start practicing the unique method this way:
- About six feet in front you, visualize the immortal, powerful Mahavatar Babaji sitting. You can visualize him as a young, 25 years eternal being with fair complexion and average height with a fantastic body structure and long brown hair.
Babaji radiates a powerful vibration of bright white colored light with spiritual energy of thousands of volts. Visualize the floor being covered with beautiful jasmine and rose petals.
- Then, inhale slowly and calmly and chat ‘Mahavatar Babaji’ in your mind.
- Now, exhale smoothly and slowly and chat ‘have mercy on me’ mentally.
- Try to synchronize your breath cycle with this chant:
Inhale – Mahavatar Babaji
Exhale – Have mercy on me
- You can feel the blessings of Babaji in the form of sparkling white particles of vapor emitting from him and falling on your body, being absorbed by each cell, organ, and system.
The beautiful fragrances of rose and jasmine take your consciousness to the next level.
- Repeat this cycle of breathing for about 15 minutes with chanting.
- Then, speak confidently ‘Now I am completely safe and secure with Mahavatar Babaji’s holy light, I seek his divine blessings, guidance, and presence.’
- Sit in complete silence for few minutes.
- Open your eyes slowly and thank Babaji with a feeling of gratitude and joy for his divine blessing.
- Repeat this unique technique on a regular basis to stay attuned and connected to Babaji mentally and spiritually and keep getting the grace from the immortal sage.
A technique for spiritual liberation – Kriya Yoga – has recently started spreading throughout the world through Lahiri Mahasaya, the disciple of Mahavatar Babaji. The immortal sage, when teaching this science to Mahasaya, told that the Kriya Yoga he was giving in the nineteenth century to the world through him was a revival of what Krishna gave to Arjuna centuries ago. Babaji realizes the importance of spreading the self-liberation techniques in the West and the East.
Kriya Yoga is essentially an ancient technique of meditation associated with breath control also known as pranayama.
This is a spiritual path that contains meditation practices for the right living. Kriya Yoga is the most effective technique available to humans today to reach a state of union with the divine. The Kriya technique is quite direct as it helps the practitioner control his life force through drawing it up and down mentally.
Today, Kriya Yoga has been taught at many centers located across the world and run by Kriya Yoga teachers experienced and authorized by Swami Kriyananda who was himself trained by Paramhansa Yogananda.
After learning the Kriya Yoga, when the practitioner performs the technique on regular basis, he experiences tremendous spiritual growth, mental peace, and harmony with the divine. This method is a great way to awaken consciousness and elevate spiritual energy while being able to connect with the immortal and powerful Mahavatar Babaji, seeking his blessings and divine light.